Proposed Updating of Middle School Goals
1. Upgrade quality and quantity of nonfiction resources to meet state standards (at level 2 or above) and curricular needs.
2. Align library collection to quiz list for below-level readers and purchase additional resources as needed through collaboration with SFA Facilitator, full-time SFA teachers, and Special Education teachers. Students will be able to utilize the online library catalog and/or reading-level labels on books to locate these materials in the library.
3. Maintain operating hours to provide reasonable access to library resources and services during and outside of the regular school day.
4. Add a second workstation to the circulation area to facilitate with materials management and library instructional or administrative duties. (Have a laptop now capable of being used as second library station—also used for library SmartBoard). (Delete/Replace?)
5. Maintain a full-time certified librarian to assist students and other building staff members. (Reword?)